Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Retail Therapy courtesy of the French Connection

A couple of weeks ago, when one of my friends and classmates asked me if I wanted to split a Gilt deal for a shopping spree at French Connection with her, I jumped at the chance.  Basically a 30% discount on clothes plus wine, cheese, and a personal shopper picking clothes out for you? Yes please!!!


It was soooooo much fun.  Other than shopping for my wedding dress, I've never had someone listening to what I needed and personally pulling clothes for me.  It also forced me to consider items that are a little outside of my normal comfort zone.  I had a really fun experience, got some amazing new clothes (including some fun tops!) and got to take a much-needed break from school.  (Retail therapy is cheaper than real therapy, right?)

On the downside, it totally spoiled me . . . shopping for myself without libations and snacks and without someone personally pulling items from the rack for me seems so pedestrian now . . . le sigh. It's back to 2 buck chuck and browsing Rue La La for me.  Maybe if I cut up some cheese and put out some crackers, I can recreate the experience.

 * * *

So, what did I get?  3 blouses, which I'll post about later and, drrrruuuumrrolll please!
A New Suit !!!
Le Suit
I know what you might be thinking:
  • Who cares
  • Does she need a suit?
  • wait . . . I thought she already has too many pants
  • It's awesome!!!
I know . . . I know. I wasn't technically in the market for a new suit, but I have been wanting something a little more interesting to wear to interviews than my plain black suit and I have been keeping an eye out for some interesting blazers. This suit accomplishes all those things at once and it fits like a glove.

This deserves its own post, but one thing my closet analytics project has taught me is what cuts/styles are best for me (they're the ones I tend to rate the highest and wear the most).  And, I've realized that slim cropped are definitely fall in to that category.







No comments:

Post a Comment