Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Shopping Confessions


The first time I bought something after I started this project, I felt a little guilty.  After all, I was no where near done analyzing my closet.  How could I make the best decisions about what to buy if I didn't have all the information?  This feeling lasted about a week until I got to wear my new jean vest (yes, I broke my closet fast for a jean vest) and it felt fabulous.  Since then it's all been down hill  . .  . I kid, I kid.  Actually, this might be the most restrained I've ever been with shopping . . . there's something about realizing you don't wear 30-40% of your clothes that makes you a little less excited to buy new ones.  One of the biggest things this project has taught me so far is to be more intentional about my purchases, to focus on quality over quantity, and to only buy things that I really love.
So, what I have I added to my closet?

(It looks a lot cuter belted)

3.  Chambray Shirt


4. and, last, but not least . . . the Jean Vest

Not pictured are some wide-leg work pants I got, that I can't seem to find a picture for, but are similar in style to these

Ironically, given how much I've been talking about work wear,  most of the things I bought were not work appropriate (Irony? Or an addiction?).  Check back tomorrow for my excuses thought process on buying each of these

No comments:

Post a Comment