Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer (Top) Lovin'

. . . had me a blast.  Summer loving, happened so fast . . .Anyone else feeling in the mood for some Grease? No?

Looking at my clothes by color yesterday was surprisingly helpful.  Looking at my closet, I've always assumed that most of my work bottoms fell into the black/gray/beige spectrum.  So, when I'd look for tops, I tried to find items that worked with those colors.  While it maybe true that my wardrobe, as a whole, my summer skirts and pants have a lot more color than I originally thought.  Given that I only have 11 summer bottoms, I'm a little embarrassed that it took making a color wheel for me to figure this out.  

This probably also explains why I sometimes have trouble putting my clothes together into outfits . . . it's a lot easier when you try to buy things that actually go together.  Excuse me while I go teach myself some basic logic . . . 

Moving on . . . I started looking around to see if I could find some tops that were a better fit for my summer wardrobe.  And, having those colors (blues, greens, pinks) in the back of my mind made narrowing down my options much easier.  Also, I don't know if the manufacturing gods heard my rant against polyester, but suddenly I'm seeing a few more cotton options than I was before.  Here are a few of the items I'm considering:

Summer Tops

Summer Tops by kpcullen 

See! A lot more color.  Though it seems that with the exception of that green peplum, I'm gravitating toward one shape: boxy.  At least those items are easy to belt, right? Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll end up buying all some of these items but at least I have some more options and a better idea of what I'm looking for.  Though, by the time I decide on something and actually buy it . . . it will probably be fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment