Monday, June 24, 2013

Checking the Roadmap

What do you do when you're lost?  Let me rephrase, what do you do when you're lost and Siri can't help you?

  • If you're Mr. C . . . you walk around until you get a signal and then put Siri to work. 
  • If you're my brother . . . you shrug your shoulders and stop for a pint at the nearest bar (after all, you were probably on your way to one when you got lost)
  • And, if you're me, you put on your best damsel-in-distress face, maybe check to make sure you're showing enough skin, and then go and find the nearest friendly policeman/sales clerk/friendly stranger.

Side bar:  In tagalog, we call this your kawawa face.  You can go check out the english translation, which doesn't really do it justice, but it really looks like this: 

When that inevitably fails, I go pure old school and go find a map.
 . . . Then I go and find Mr. C because I'm terrible at reading maps.

* * *

Back in February, when I first started this project, I laid out a basic roadmap with the big picture questions I wanted to answer and the criteria I would use in building my ideal closet.  Given my current lack of focus, it seems like a good time to revisit those big picture questions and see if I'm making any progress in answering them.   Check back later for my self-assessment!

**It was either that or make kawawa faces at strangers on the internet . . . which is clearly not a good idea. 





No comments:

Post a Comment