Monday, March 11, 2013

Progress

Denim Recap:
NewImage

 . . . so, I sort of waffled on the second pair I was going to donate and decided that I needed them just in case I ever did anything like hiking through the alps or pheasant hunting with my brothers-in-law.  Yes, we all know none of those things is going to happen, but do you know how attached I get to my clothes?!?!? Plus, if you think about it, I did just cut almost 40% of my denim collection. I promise (pinky swear) that if I don't wear that pair in the next six months than it's being donated.

164 items? whew.  As I've been going through and logging each item, II've been trying to mark which ones go into the  donation pile.  Some things were easy . . .

Well, hello, paisley shirt that I bought on final sale, without trying you on.  

Some things were harder . . .

Goodbye corduroy mini skirt that I don't want to believe is too short for me . . .  

Surprise, surprise . . .  I attach a lot of sentimental value to my clothes and it's a little hard for me to part with some items.  But, I have found 42 items that are definitely "Yeses" for the donate pile! That's progress, right? Let's going back to looking at things in percentages.  Twenty-five percent sounds a lot more impressive than "42".  Who said numbers don't lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment