Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Back to School

Where has the summer gone? I'm not going to bore you with the reasons this blog has been neglected, but seriously. . .  I can't believe that I started my final year of business school last week and I've only made it to the beach twice this summer. C'est la vie.

Regardless of what the weather is like outside, fall is definitely on my mind. (And, not just because Whole Foods just started stocking my favorite Pumpkin beer). I've been looking to switch things up with a new fall haircut and some serious back-to-school shopping. A recent closet cleanse (I swear these seem to be never ending), forced me to get rid of some trusty basics like my only white-button down oxford and my favorite black jeans.  The plus side . . . I weeded out a lot of items that I don't wear any more or that were completely worn out (you all would be proud, I got rid of four pairs of jeans). The downside? Well, the whole thing about getting rid of essentials, is they need to be replaced. Here are the things I've gotten so far and a few items that are still on my wish list.



Fall Essentials



As you can see, I'm craving neutrals and simple, comfortable silhouettes right now. Maybe it's the casual work environment I was in this summer or maybe it's just fall, but I don't think I'm going to be pulling out my heels and pencil skirts any time soon. Plus, there's something about the craziness of school life that necessitates having an easy uniform you can throw on in the mornings after sleeping through your alarm.

I was able to re-stock most of these through the amazing late summer sales that we had this year. So, check back later for reviews of  some of my favorite new fall additions!

No comments:

Post a Comment