Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tops: Working for the Weekend

Since work-tops seem to be the one of the problem areas in my closet, I thought I'd start with a quick look at the types of work tops that I own.
Tops breakdown

*The items pictured are only examples that I pulled for each category, not necessarily the actual items that I own. 

The first thing that jumps out to me is how many long-sleeved and sweater items I have.  Only 25 percent of my tops could really be counted as "summer tops".  Considering I live in DC, which is a sweltering bog from June through September, that's probably not a good thing . . .  BUT, I don't want to draw any conclusions until will have to take a look and see how many other summer work items I own (dresses etc).  After the last time I jumped to a quick conclusion . . . I'm trying to be a little more prudent. Progress

It gets a little more interesting when I sort these by rating.  I know that I established a 5-point rating system (Hate it, Meh, Like but Don't Love, Wardrobe Staple, Feel Like a Million Bucks). While that is useful to a certain point, I've found that there's a pretty clear divide in my mind between items I love wearing (the wardrobe staples and items that make me fell like a million bucks) and those I don't really get excited about (everything else). When I grouped my work tops that way, this is what I found . . . 

Tops-love it or leave it

Sooooo . . . good news is, I really like wearing the one long-sleeved work t-shirt I have (Winning!!!)  But, I only like wearing one of my six collared button ups (note to self, maybe don't by anymore of those anytime soon).  Also, apparently I'm not doing so well in the short-sleeved blouse department.   Oops. Hope my coworkers don't mind me wearing the same two sleeveless tops over and over again this summer . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment