Friday, December 13, 2013

Drink This Read This + A new logo!

Happy friday everyone! This is a particularly exciting day for the blog. Thanks to my awesome friend, Kevin Borders Cubicle Catwalk officially has a logo!!!! (You should check out Kevin's company, www.collage.com for last minute holiday gifts and cards.)
   

When, Kevin approached me a few months ago and offered to design something for the blog, I jumped on the opportunity. But had no idea how awesome the results would be. I can't give his process away, but it made it even better that there was some data analytics that went into the logo design. 


* * *

Now on to business. Winter has officially come to NY, which means that it's officially time for some winter cocktails. As I've mentioned, Negronis are my go-to drink year round, but I'm thinking of trying to branch out a little bit.

The New York Times has a list of DIY Cocktails that sound guaranteed to bring you holiday cheer. I'm know I'm definitely going to try the Red Rooster and also the Campari with Orange Juice, which sounds like a nice twist on a mimosa. 

I was also inspired by A Beautiful Mess's recipe for a Winter Whiskey Smash. Brown sugar simple syrup? Yes, please! 

Of course, there's always homemade irish coffees. Even though they're insanely easy, somehow making your own whipped cream astonishes people and gives you instant host/hostess points. Plus, that same whipped cream is really good on top of hot chocolate if you don't feel like making it boozy.

And, while you're sipping on one of these drinks, you might want to check out some of the things that have been on my reading list, lately.

* * *

I recently discovered the Brightest Bulb In the Box. Not only does she have great make-up tips, but she's also heavily analytical. My favorite post so far has been an analysis of two beauty box subscriptions. She even used a  Chi-Square test to compare their value. It's definitely given me some inspiration for my own closet project.

It's really exciting to see some of the stuff that's going on in the retail space right now and the New York Times had a great article a few weeks ago how retailers are re-thinking their social media strategies. It made me think, can you remember a time before Pinterest? I have trouble remembering how I survived without that site. It's amazing how quickly it's become a part of our social fabric. This was a particularly interesting statistic from the article: "And while shoppers referred from Pinterest to retailers spent more . . . those referred from Facebook were buying more frequently."

Finally, the season would not be complete without at least one viewing of "Love Actually" and Mashable is helping us all out by compiling a list of 11 Holiday Survival Tips from the film. My favorite is number 11 "Say it's carol singers. No matter what the situation is. Carol singers."

* * *

P.S. want more cubicle catwalk? Follow me on twitter @cubicle_catwalk, on Pinterest (I also contribute to the Corporate Fashionasta style board", or on Instagram @MrsVonC.  

No comments:

Post a Comment