Monday, May 6, 2013

Changes

There's been a lot going on in the Mr. and Mrs. "C"' world lately.  Lots of big changes coming up.  First off, we're moving apartments in a couple of weeks.  We're still staying in our beloved 14th St Corridor neighborhood, but we're taking it a few blocks north.  It's exciting and (more than a little) stressful, but it's going to be a good change.  I'm kind of excited to have a whole new apartment to decorate.  It's also been a good forcing function to get me to part with some of my prized possessions clothes.  

Originally, my plan was to put aside all the clothes that didn't belong in my closet and, after analyzing everything, donate them all to charity.  But, once we decided we were moving, it it didn't make a lot of sense to me to lug a bunch of items I was going to get rid of to another apartment.  If I'm being honest with myself, it would also give me more time to come up with excuses to keep things.  If I'm being 100 percent honest, I might even wear some of them just to prove to myself that I still need them . . . The easiest thing to do seemed to make a clean break.

I decided to take the clothes that I've already marked for donation and go through them.  Things that were in good condition, I am going to try and consign (my plan is to give the proceeds to charity at the end of this project.  Everything else, I'm dropping off at a local drop box.  The

I've never consigned before and I have no idea what my clothes are worth, but I'm kind of excited by the whole idea.  Also, the nice nice thing about consignment is that if your clothes don't sell, they donate them for you.  So, in the end it all goes to help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment