Monday, September 16, 2013

Monda Funday: New York to Cincinnati

Getting caught in a massive downpour, A drink with cracked pepper in it,
A cool bar in the LES, Recovering from the weekend with Chipotle
How was your weekend?  It was a busy one for the Mr. and Mrs C household.  On friday I flew to Cincinnati for a wedding.  It was only my second time going to Cincinnati.  The first was for a fraternity formal . . . needless to say this was quite a different experience of the city (the first one involved some folks breaking into our room at 3 in the morning, a 4 hour impromptu lecture on american history from my date, and I think there was a wrestling match in the hallway).  

Mr. C was a groomsman so most of our time there was spent attending the different wedding festivities, but we did manage to sample brunch at Nada.  If you ever find yourself in Cincinnati, I highly recommend checking it out.  Eggs Benedict with crab, avocado, and pico de gallo.  Need I say more?  Also, I'm realizing that I have a slight obsession with eggs benedict and am contemplating learning to make it myself, but hollandaise sauce kind of scares me.  

Mr. C also sampled Cincinnati's famous Skyline Chili (apparently it comes served over noodles).  I'm not a huge chili fan, so I passed and from the reviews I got, it sounds like I made the right decision.  Mr. C has a stomach of steel and even he felt queasy afterwards. 

Week 3 of school is starting and I'm sorta finding my groove.  Though still not used to this whole "homework thing" ;)  Check back later in the week for some updates on my closet "model" and some of the items I'm craving for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment