Monday, November 18, 2013

J.Crew Sale Alert!

J.Crew sales seem to be a dime a dozen these days.  Chances are that if you're patient and willing to wait 6 weeks, that the item you like will end up being 30 or 40 percent off.   The problem is that most of these items end up as final sale.  And, let's be honest with J.Crew's sizing these days, buying something on final sale carries a certain amount of risk. But, a J.Crew sale where the items are not final sale and offering free shipping? This is like finding a well-dressed unicorn with a pot of gold.  Yet somehow, this weekend, whether it was from a computer glitch, the J.Crew gods feeling like bestowing a little retail therapy on all of us, or some strategic retail decision . . . the stars all aligned to make this happen.

So what did I get? I actually didn't go too crazy.  What with my student budget and the fact I haven't finished analyzing my fall/winter wardrobe, I didn't want to go crazy.  First up, a statement necklace.  I don't buy a ton of jewelry for myself.  Mr. C usually picks me up some fun pieces whenever he travels and I like having something that's a little more unique.  But, J.Crew has been winning in the jewelry department lately.  Plus, jewelry is an easy way to breath some life into your wardrobe.  Side note: There is a slight possibility that because I've been limiting my clothing purchases that I might be turning to alternatives like jewelry, shoes, happy hour, and bags.  But let's not think too hard about that right now.

Jeweled Pyramid Necklace
The other item I picked up was this tweed-sleeved t-shirt.  I really, really love the colors and feel it will be a great piece for spring and summer.  Bonus, based on the color analysis I did of my summer clothes, it will fit in perfectly.  It also comes in a cream and black combo, which might have made it into my shopping basket.  I am envisioning wearing that one now with a blazer and jeans or tucked into a pencil skirt.
Tweed-Sleeve Top
There you have it.  I'm actually pretty proud of myself for my self-restraint.  And, might reward myself by picking up another blouse (this leather sleeve one keeps calling to me or some of their PJs.  That's ok, right?

Did you pick up any items from the sale?  If you're in need of a winter coat, this is a good chance to get one of the J.Crew lady day coats.  The Blythe silk blouses that I love are also available in limited sizes.

The sale goes through midnight tonight, so there's still some time for some impulse purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment