Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July in the District




I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July!  We had a low key day that involved beer and swachos (pulled pork nachos) at American Ice Co, trying Churchkey's homemade "fireball style" whisky (surprisingly easy.  I'm going to try it myself and  I'll report back with how it turns out), and ending the night by clambering on top of a friend's roof and catching the fireworks.  We may or may not have burst into an impromptu (and out of key) rendition of the Star Spangled Banner . . .

Beer, whiskey, and fireworks.  The perfect way to spend what might be my last 4th of July in the District.  Though I hope you all are having an easier time than I am transitioning back to the work week.
* * *

On another note, did anyone else catch some of the 4th of July sales that went on this weekend?  Zara and Massimo Dutti were both having huge sales and I picked up a couple of items that I'd been looking for for a while, including a new trench coat.

I've been a little bored with all the stores I normally shop at (Banana Republic, J. Crew, etc) and I'm also trying to push myself style-wise so I'm trying to branch out a little bit.  I know Zara might not seem like that big of a risk, but baby steps, baby steps ;)

* * *
Also, I decided that posting weekend re-caps on Saturdays wasn't really working for me.  I like this blogging thing, but I think we'd all rather be brunching than scrolling facebook and blogs. So, I'm going to try posting the recaps on Mondays.*  So, if you missed them, here are last week's posts:


*Let's be honest.  Most Saturday mornings Mr. C and I sit around drinking espresso, easting soft boiled eggs, and listening to music.  Spontaneous dancing optional. 






No comments:

Post a Comment