Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday Frivolity: Bad Fashion

Being sick for a week has given me a lot of time to browse the internets.  After all, one cannot live by Nordstrom sales alone . . . I saw a lot of things I liked, but there were a couple of items that were horrendous enough to distract me from my lifetime movie marathon. 

First off, the return of the Skort.
Zara "Mini Skort"

I am generally careful making fun of trends.  Along with almost every other woman in America, I once swore that I'd never wear skinny jeans.  (Don't judge it was 2006).  But the skort . . .  it's an item of clothing that can't make up its mind . . .  Is it dressy? Is it casual? Why would a grown woman do this to herself?  I think we can all agree that this trend should stay buried in our middle school year books, along with scrunchies and crimped hair.  However, if you're looking for a chastity belt, I think this will work quite well.  (P.S. I think this would be just as hideous as a skirt, but the fact that it's a skort only adds insult to injury).

Then, there was this . . . 

Dax Jacket

Is it a deconstructed peplum? Is it a maternity piece? Why is she wearing it with shorts?!?!?! Soooo, many questions. 

And then there was this:
Faux Leather Track Pants
WTF.  That's all.   Could we have made the harem pants even more unflattering?  Yes, we can, in leather.

Now, excuse me while I go nurse my chamomile tea and try to remind myself that there is good fashion out there.  Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment