Thursday, June 27, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up: Friday Readings

I'm in New York, joining the other desperate folks trying to navigate the NYC rental market (more on that later!), but here's some reading for your friday fun day.

Garance Dore talks about her five commandments of fashion.   I particularly like numbers 4 and 5.  She talks about realizing that certain clothes don't work for you and how that's ok.  Something I wish someone had told my 15 year old homeschooled self who insisted on buying low-rise, wide-leg jeans.

A post on creating a 40 hanger closet.  I'm not sure that would really work for me.  For one thing, the first thing I thought when I read it was "Does it count as cheating if you just fold your clothes?".  The sentence about having a closet full of clothes you didn't really like hit close to home.  That was whole impetus for this project in the first place.

Also, if you want to listen to me ramble about where I'm at with my own closet editing efforts . . . this week I wrote about realizing that I had gotten a bit side tracked (also you'll learn a new word in tagalog) and needed to re-visit my big picture questions.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment